YOGA FOR IMPACT
200 HOUR SACRED EARTH YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
YOGA + LEADERSHIP + PERMACULTURE IMMERSION
Our Yoga Alliance Certified 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training course offers an authentic, powerful and sustainable way for you to ignite your life’s purpose and meaning. Join us on this journey to deepen your yoga practice, connect to your unique teaching voice and experience true inner transformation of the body, mind and heart.
Deepen your yoga practice and embark on a transformational journey to discover how embodying holistic and sustainable practices can radically shift the way you live and engage in the world.
Learn the foundations of yoga through asana, breathwork, and mindfulness in this unique program combining ancient yogic wisdom and the intelligence of nature. Gain the tools and resources to create and inspire change in yourself and your community with intention, confidence and an expanded perspective. Awaken your potential!
THIS TRAINING IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
• Yogis interested in deepening their practice
• Changemakers, innovators, activists and teachers
• Counselors and human rights workers
• Yoga teachers seeking to deepen their facilitation and community building skills
• Practitioners interested in new tools and approaches to designing and creating change
yoga + Leadership + earth care
goals of this Course
• Enhance your understanding of the foundational aspects of this ancient practice through asana, pranayama, meditation, kriyas, philosophy, anatomy, a healthy lifestyle and Ayurveda
• Build your personal practice and gather concrete tools to embody the wisdom of The 4 Paths of Yoga, mindfulness, and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Learn the fundamentals of alignment, intelligent sequencing, theme weaving and adaptations for diverse populations
• Find your voice and unique expression as an empowered yoga teacher
• Apply all that you have learned to live in alignment with your life’s calling and embody your true purpose
alignment + anatomy
• Gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology relating to the physical/mental benefits of yoga
• Learn form, benefits and precautions of principal asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriyas (cleansing techniques)
• Gain a greater understanding of the neurological, emotional, and physical effects of yoga
• Deepen experiential knowledge of the breath and its effect on the physical nervous system, our psychology and our spiritual selves
• Understanding of subtle anatomy and alignment guidelines for injury prevention to advance your yoga practice
the art of teaching
• Learn the art of sequencing
• Explore various teaching methodologies, including modifications for age, focus and common injuries/conditions
• Become skilled at creating various class-styles: beginner, intermediate and an introduction to prenatal yoga
• Gain experience through a teaching practicum and receive feedback in a supportive environment
leadership + self-empowerment
• Gain the tools and resources to create and inspire change in yourself and your community
• Release self-limiting beliefs and step into your power as a leader!
• Connect to your inner teacher and learn how to leverage your skills and strengths with your unique purpose
• Better understand how to design and manage a project in alignment with your values, skills, passion and leadership style
philosophy + the yogic path
• Discover the subtle energy of yogic anatomy and how the chakras work
• Explore Ashtanga philosophy (the Eight-fold path)
• Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Learn about Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
service + community
• Address issues of diversity, social justice, inclusion, and safety in a variety of contexts
• Learn how to nurture compassionate relationships, healthy families and a peaceful, sustainable world
• Discover the benefits and challenges of introducing yoga and mindfulness practices to diverse communities
• Learn and experience participation-based tools that support community impact projects through hands-on teaching
• Engage with the community that our work supports by participating in local social empowerment projects, addressing ecological and malnutrition concerns in the local Mayan community
• Explore the potential of matching ecological integrity with human needs through permaculture design and sustainable living practices
• Connect with nature to inform your journey
• Learn the foundational principles of permaculture
• Learn practical tools and apply sustainable project design to support a local community project
• Co-create a community-lead reforestation project with the local Mayan community
in this course you will
• Receive an internationally recognized certification in yoga teaching and leadership
• Open and close your journey with a traditional Mayan Fire Ceremony
• Learn the fundamentals of our holistic and interdisciplinary approach to yoga
• Visit successful permaculture projects and learn from local wisdom keepers
• Discover the resources, inspiration, and community support you are seeking to create sustainable change
• Nourish your mind, body and spirit through daily yoga, meditation and living in harmony with the earth
• Return home with a renewed sense of purpose and passion, expanded community and heartfelt inspiration
what’s unique about our approach
With deep roots in Northern India, our approach blends traditional Hatha, Vinyasa and the fundamentals of therapeutic yoga to support individuals in leading joyful, empowered lives. Our alignment-based system incorporates mindfulness and traditional yogic wisdom with a modern understanding of the body. We believe yoga is for all people and create safe, inclusive, and engaging learning environments for you to discover your own potential. Our curriculum is developed around the three pillars of Mind, Body & Earth, believing that they are essential, interconnected aspects of the yogic path.
sample daily flow
6:30am Yoga & Movement practice
9am Yoga Philosophy
10:45am Yoga Lab, Anatomy or Methodology
2pm Yoga Philosophy or Permaculture
4:15pm Yoga Lab, Therapeutics or Methodology
8pm Evening activity (meditation, circle, movie or reflection)*
*3 times per week
*In the third week, we will spend half days participating in a permaculture service project in the community.
THis PROGRAM INCLUDES
• In-depth training 6 days a week
• 1 day each week of unscheduled time to study and explore
• 4 weeks of accommodations at Atitlán Organics' Bambu Guest House (community living focused on harmonious relationships with the planet)
• 3 delicious, organic farm-to-table vegetarian meals per day
• Illustrated Yoga Teacher Training Manual
• Daily yoga, meditation & philosophy classes
• Permaculture immersion and community-led service project
• Leadership + life-design module
• Field trips to local permaculture projects
• Mayan Fire Ceremony, Cacao & Sound Ceremony
• 200 hour Awakened Spirit Yoga Teacher Certification (YTT)*
*received upon successful completion of the program
Click here to view the full program curriculum
Awakened Spirit Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) adhering to the strict guidelines of the Yoga Alliance. Intimate classes allow our dedicated team of teachers to provide personal attention, expert guidance and personal feedback to students throughout our trainings.
upcoming Sacred earth teacher trainings
November 1 – November 28, 2018
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Atitlán Organics Bambu Eco Guest House
Tzununá, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
october 26 – november 23, 2019
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Atitlán Organics Bambu Eco Guest House
Tzununá, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
SCHEDULE A FREE CALL
Curious whether this program is right for you? Book a time to chat with our team by clicking the button below and we'll speak with you over the phone, WhatsApp or Skype!
WhaT YOu'll love about LAKE ATITLáN
In Tz'utujil (one of the local Mayan dialects) there is no word which equates to ‘leaving’ – that is to say, visitors to Lake Atitlán are always returning home and we certainly feel that way each time we are greeted by the warm eyes and kind hearts of this community. With a rich, colourful and resilient history woven into the tapestry of everyday life (not to mention the amazing tapestries of daily dress) we are honoured to be welcomed into the village of Tzununá to share 4 weeks together, living respectfully among this community, the local traditions, and wisdom kept here. The lake herself is the subject of much folklore with alluring blue waters and mystical origins, calling many to the healing shores of this ancient volcanic crater.
Our Sacred Earth Yoga Teacher Training takes place at the stunning Bambu Guest House, a brand new, eco-friendly building designed in accordance with sustainable principles, proving that natural building can be luxurious.
Wake up here to an awe inspiring sunrise over Lake Atitlán, as the sleepy Mayan village below comes to life. Enjoy the natural vegetation and lush surrounds from the yoga platform before nourishing your body with local, organic, vegetarian fare prepared with produce from the Atitlán Organics farm (a 5-minute stroll away). The farm-to-table restaurant is run by three young, local, aspiring chefs named Antonio, Maricela, and Petrona who are as amazing as they are passionate about what they create and we love being guests at their dinner table!
With several accommodation options each equipped with a bathroom, balcony, comfy beds, super hot water, wifi, and amazing views of Lake Atitlán, it’s easy to settle into this dreamy landscape. Access to the lake is a 10-minute walk from Bambu, and the neighbouring town and eclectic travel hub of San Marcos is a 5-minute boat ride from there or 15-minute tuk-tuk (rickshaw).
tuition + accomodation:
$2400 + ($895-1195) USD
Includes: 4-week YTT course including all classes, workshops, field trips, training manual, and choice of room & board.
Does not include: Airfare, required reading texts.
step 1: fill out the registration form
step 2: secure your booking
Once your deposit has been made we will notify you by email that your place in the course is secure. Deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance in the program. Contact us for Bank Transfer or PayPal information if you would prefer.
step 3: pay for room & board
Upon successful registration in this program you will be contacted by Shad from Bambu Guest House to reserve your choice of accommodation. Accommodation options include room and board (3 organic vegetarian meals per day), with shared and dorm lodging ranging from $895–$1195 USD.
Use Crowdfunding to Engage Your Community!
Participants are encouraged to crowdfund for their tuition. This is an opportunity to engage your community with your journey from the very beginning and bring awareness to the projects that you will design and support during the training. There is also the option to raise funds beyond your tuition to use toward a passion project of your own design, or a community project that you choose to become more involved with during the training.
Crowdfunding gives your community an exciting way to invest in viable solutions that have an impact. If you are interested in crowdfunding, we provide a step-by-step guide and resources to support your crowdfunding campaign!
why yoga and permaculture?
Meet the facilitators and hear what yoga for inner transformation and outer change means to us.
What Students Are Saying
Yoga has transformed me in every way…
“This was the best travel and training experience I've had in terms of self growth! I have more confidence and am able to communicate easier with others. I’ve gained a lot more knowledge about the way I interact with the world and have more compassion for myself and others. I feel equipped as a leader – mostly in terms of owning my practice, truth and voice without hesitation, but also in sequencing, and the history and principles of yoga. Yoga has transformed me in every way – it’s such a great outlook on healing and expression."
— Yara Kamal, Toronto
[ Nov 2017 Sacred Earth YTT Grad ]
A safe place to dig deep, connect & learn…
“I went into the Sacred Earth Yoga Teacher Training as an instructor and practitioner knowing I was seeking more depth. I wanted to bridge the gap between my yoga and the environment. I wanted connection. I wanted to be presented the material and teachings in a way that was applicable to the times and culture. I was seeking the skills to be able to share yoga with my students in a way that presented them with the tools to make change and be able to confidently stand in their truth. This training gave me the opportunity to do just that and so much more, with a safe place for me to dig deep, to make those connections, and learn. To find my voice and teach what is authentic and true to me. I no longer feel like I am inadequate or ill equipped. I am confident in my truth and my path and know I have a community of amazing changemakers in my corner.”
— Autumn Jean, Minneapolis
[ Nov 2017 Sacred Earth YTT Grad ]
The journey of a lifetime…
“My experience with Awakened Spirit Yoga was the journey of a lifetime. The leadership course was challenging, but those difficulties brought me to new places that I was not aware I could reach. The structure of the course was genuine and unique and Julia’s passion for the environment was contagious. I left feeling more confident in my choices and absolutely motivated to pursue environmental activism.
Through this intensive course I gained clarity and motivation to follow the path of passion and love for Pachamama. True to the name, my time with Julia and her co-creators was awakening."
— Zoë Evans, Toronto
[ Nov 2015 Sacred Earth YTT Grad ]