Sacred Birth focuses on nurturing conscious pregnancy while addressing the medical, political and spiritual considerations of birthing. This 85 hour dual-certificate training is the first of it's kind combining yoga and birth support as potent therapeutic tools to empower the birthing journey from pregnancy to parenthood. You will be taught and guided by experienced mentors and guest facilitators who are active voices in the field of holistic birthing.
WHERE: The Yoga Forest, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
WHEN: February 2nd -February 9th 2019
FORMAT OF THE PROGRAM:
This comprehensive and holistic program combines 85 hours of experiential, practical, academic, online and self-study to support participants to delve deeply into the realm of birthing and beyond. Participants complete the online content at their own pace with live tutorials to keep you on track.
*50 hours of the program will be completed at the retreat in Guatemala.
*35 hours is a combination of online contact hours, independent study, assignments and pre-reading.
Upon completion of the program participants will be certified as both Sacred Birth Doulas and Prenatal Yoga Teachers.
COURSE OVERVIEW AND FEATURES:
• Teach prenatal yoga therapeutically to support a healthy pregnancy and birth
• Experience traditional Mayan midwifery from guest lectures facilitated by traditional midwives in the community.
• Learn how to safely modify postures for pregnancy, with knowledge of modifications, contraindicated and beneficial postures for each trimester
• Integrate all aspects of the practice: asana, breath work (pranayama), vocal toning (mantra), relaxation, working with themes, massage and pain reduction techniques to help create a more positive and relaxed birthing experience
• Understand anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, including western and eastern perspectives and the effects of pregnancy on the body, mind and spirit
• Explore the landscape of Birth in all its realms: physiological, psychological, sociological, historical, political and spiritual
• Discover your authentic teaching voice and uncover the unique gifts that you have to offer through class exercise, the use of imagery, sequencing, birth art and facilitator support• Design skillful sequencing, positions for labour, asana for childbirth preparation and postnatal recommendations for recovery
• Massage, birthing techniques and laboring positions using yoga
• Create workshops, yoga series and learn to integrate this powerful tool into your life and practice.
• Postnatal yoga for healing and beneficial asanas to support the body after childbirth
• Acquire knowledge and tools to heal your own birth story
• Deepen your embodied understanding of our innate wisdom and the miracle of birth
Sacred birth training and retreat promises to be full of transformation, learning and inspiration. Become a part of a global movement of changemakers, working to empower, heal and restore birth. Interested? We would love to have you.
**All expecting parents are welcome, including the pregnant and postpartum. Babes in arms are welcome too.
FIND OUT MORE:
Learn more about investment and course content at www.awakenedspirityoga.com/prenatal-teacher-training/