yoga for impact
YOGA SERVICE PROJECT + PERMACULTURE TRAINING
Design the life you want to live! This revolutionary program is the first of its kind, interweaving yoga, permaculture and mindfulness practices to radically improve the lives of individuals and communities.
We offer the opportunity to crowdfund your tuition to engage your community in your transformational journey. Join us for this immersion designed to connect with your body, mind, spirit and community to bring sustainable change in this world.
HOW DO SUSTAINABILITY AND YOGA TRANSLATE INTO EVERYDAY LIFE?
Learn how the foundational aspects of yoga, mindfulness and permaculture can move your passions into reality and empower sustainable change! Explore solutions to our earth’s greatest challenges, and learn the strategies and tools that can help to provide solutions.
Dive deep into your practice in this 4-week yoga immersion and self-empowerment program designed to support the personal transformation required to create sustainable change in this world. At the end of the training you will have the skills and knowledge required to empower yourself and others! Completion of this course qualifies you for a 72-hour Permaculture Design Certification as well as our 40-hour Yoga Leadership Certification.
THIS TRAINING IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
• Those looking to contribute to this world in a human centered way
• Dreamers, visionaries and change makers
• Yogis interested in deepening their practice in all aspects of their life
• Educators, counselors, and human rights workers
• Yoga teachers who would like to deepen their facilitation and community building skills
Course Overview AND FEATURES
• Build your personal practice with daily yoga and meditation classes led by experienced teachers
• Gather concrete tools to embody the wisdom of The 4 Paths of Yoga and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Learn how to apply yoga, mindfulness and sacred ecology to nurture compassionate relationships and influence sustainable change in the world
• Address issues of diversity, social justice, inclusion, and safety in a variety of settings
• Examine the benefits and challenges of introducing Yoga and Mindfulness practices to a variety of communities
• Explore meeting human needs with ecological integrity through Permaculture design and sustainable living practices
• Discover your own unique set of assets and tools
• Learn and experience participation-based tools that support project management and community impact projects in a new and different way
• Learn and apply sustainable project design tools to support a local community project
• Better understand how to design and manage a project in alignment with your values, skills, passion and leadership style
• Stay with a family in the community and experience integration and connection
• Leave behind self-limiting beliefs and step into your authentic power as a leader!
Permaculture Design Certification – 72 Hour PDC
// WHAT IS PERMACULTURE?
Permaculture is the harmonious, sustainable integration of landscapes and people. This approach teaches us the interconnectedness of all life through direct observation, conscious design and maintenance of agriculturally productive ecosystems that have diversity, stability, and resilience. This holistic exploration of sacred ecology and yoga is one way to integrate our practice into everyday life and inspire change in the world! [Read more here]
// PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATION PROGRAM OF STUDY
The course covers the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia’s PDC curriculum and follows Bill Mollison’s Designer’s Manual. Topics will include:
• Permaculture theory and principles from a diversity of leaders in the field
• Sacred ecology – How sustainability deepens our understanding of yoga
• Land assessment, observation, and plant identification
• Water systems – The ability to implement basic gray water and composting systems necessary for a sustainable dwelling
• Animal Systems – Aquaculture and integrated livestock management
• Vegetable production & agroforestry – Designing food production systems for yourself and others, food preservation, and value added products
• Plant propagation, seed saving, germination, and guilds
• Natural building theory & techniques
• Design Project – In small teams you will conduct a local land assessment and client interview, and present your ideas for a permaculture design suitable to the project.
6-7 am: Morning Yoga
715-830 am: Breakfast
830-9 am: Farm Duties
9-12 pm: Class Time
12-2 pm: Lunch
2-5 pm: Class Time
5-6 pm: Break
6-7 pm: Dinner
7-9 pm: Evening Activity
Awakened Spirit Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200 and RPYS) adhering to the strict guidelines of the Yoga Alliance. Intimate classes allow our dedicated team of teachers to provide personal attention, expert guidance and personal feedback throughout our trainings.
ABOUT PUNTA MONA
Immerse yourself in an energy-conscious, off-grid, resourceful community of like-minded folk. Enjoy delicious vegetarian meals, breath-taking views, and freedom of expression while re-discovering your true nature and connection to Mother Earth!
Punta Mona Center for Regenerative Design & Botanical Studies is an 85 acre off-the-grid, beach-front environmental education centre founded by permaculture activists Stephen Brooks and Sara Wu. Their unique facility is nestled within lush jungle forests, giving spectacular ocean views of the Caribbean coast!
Punta Mona’s community of highly specialized permaculturists, farmers, and yogis is dedicated to educating learners of all ages and backgrounds about the art of regenerative living. Each member is committed to teaching environmental awareness through conscientious, positive, and creative problem-solving of the dilemmas facing the modern world, centering around permaculture principles. Stephen and Sara are on a mission to provide an alternative to the destructive land use practices that are happening throughout Costa Rica and the world.
Their family-owned and community-focused eco-retreat provides delicious, organic food, which is mostly homegrown. Punta Mona is powered by eco-technologies, and features an exemplary botanical collection that includes hundreds of species of tropical fruits, vegetables, herbs, medicinal plants, bamboo, and extensive native hardwood reforestation. It’s the perfect place to learn, grow, and be inspired!
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
• In-depth training 5.5 days a week
• 22 days of accommodations at Punta Mona – community living focused on harmonious relationships with the planet
• 4 day homestay with a local family in Gandoca
• 3 delicious, organic vegetarian meals per day
• 80 hour Transformational Leadership Certification*
• 72 hour Permaculture Design Certification (PDC)*
• Tools and resources to support project design and management
• Involvement in a Yoga Seva Project at the local school
• Daily Yoga and meditation classes
• Integration of the principles of sacred ecology, yogic wisdom and sustainable design
• Opportunities for free time and self care in the lush, tropical setting of Punta Mona and surrounding areas!
*received upon successful completion of the program
• Value added products, Triple Bottom Line business models and Fair Trade practices
• Creation of an Ecovillage: Tactual, La Ecovilla & Rise
• Integrating a sustainable lifestyle in the modern world
• GMO crops, CSAs, Economics in Agriculture and the Slow Food Movement
• Explore all aspects of sustainable practices by learning from experienced leaders in the field.
// WORKSHOPS & FIELD ACTIVITIES
• Orientation to Punta Mona and tropical ecosystems
• Weekly sharing circles
• Compost making, Biofermentation & micro organisms
• Permaculture design group project
• Water management exercise
• Soil Exercise
• Onsite analysis
// OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Field trips to neighboring permaculture projects and organic farms
• Educational documentaries
• Chocolate making
• Kayaking and snorkeling (mother nature dependent)
• Cacao Ceremony
• Fermentation workshop
In this course you will:
• Discover the resources, inspiration, and community support you are seeking to change lives through yoga
• Connect to your inner teacher and learn how to leverage your skills and strengths with your unique purpose
• Return home with a renewed sense of purpose and passion, expanded networking and community organizing skills, and the heartfelt inspiration you need to continue making a difference in this world
In this course you will find the resources, inspiration, and community support you need to change lives through yoga and community projects. This training not only provides you with an opportunity to nourish your mind, body and spirit, it provides you with the tools to go out into the world ready to design and create with intention, confidence, and a new perspective.
On your days off, explore the surrounding areas such as the Gandoca Lagoon, Puerto Viejo, the waterfalls of Bribri, or just come and kayak the day away at Punta Mona!
// WHY CROWDFUND?
Engage your community! Crowdfunding gives your community an exciting way to invest in viable solutions that have impact. We encourage you to crowdfund for your tuition as an opportunity to engage your direct community in your journey and the projects that you will design and support. We provide the option to raise funds in addition to your tuition to contribute towards a passion project of your own, or a project that you become involved with during the intensive. If you are interested in crowdfunding we provide a step by step guide and resources to help support your campaign!
// COURSE TUITION** FOR Yoga Seva Project and 72 hour PDC
**Covers: Entire course, including all classes, workshops, written materials, and supplies. Lodging and airfare are not included.
// Accommodation (food and lodging):
Covers: 22-day stay at Punta Mona and 4 day homestay in Gandoca, including 3 organic vegetarian meals per day
Details: At Punta Mona guests are housed in eco-lodges throughout the property. The main house is located steps away from the beach. Rooms are double occupancy and all beds are equipped with custom made mosquito nets. Most rooms are screened and have electricity. Wifi is available in the common area. Lodging is simple and cozy with the sweet sounds of the ocean and nearby wildlife.
Co-create a project with a local community utilizing the principles of yoga, leadership, sustainable development and permaculture. The final part of our program takes place in Gandoca. We will share living space in a family home, learn about culture and eat traditional-style Costa-Rican fare (special requests such as vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free meals can be provided). During the work-week breakfast and dinner will be provided at the homestay and lunch at Punta Mona, and over the weekend all 3 meals will be provided at the homestay.
// Total Investment:
READY TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT?
Step1: Fill Out Our Application Online
Step2: Secure your booking with a deposit of USD $500 (Required / Non-Refundable)
Option 1: PayPalDeposit only US $500
Full Tuition: US $1,600
*Please note an 8% PayPal fee will occur
Option 2: Bank TransferEmail email@example.com for bank transfer information.
Once your deposit has been made we will notify you by email that your place on the course is secure.
Full payment must be received 14 days prior to the start of the course.
Learn about our refund policy here.
Accomodation Payment Details
IMPORTANT: Payments for accomodations are sent directly to Punta Mona.
Please wait to pay for accommodations until receiving confirmation of acceptance into the program!
Payment Option 1: PayPal
Deposit only US $500
Full Accommodation Tuition: US $1,400
*Please note an 8% PayPal fee will occur
Payment Option 2: Send a Check by mail
Make check payable to:
Punta Mona Center
Attention: Awakened Yoga
(Note student's name if different than on the check)
Amount: US $1400
Punta Mona Center
13225 Biscayne Island Terrace
North Miami FL 33181
Note: Accommodation must be paid in full to Punta Mona at the latest 14 days prior to the start of the course.
JOin our global family
Your transformative journey is already unfolding! Ready to explore your deepest potential and expand your inner freedom through daily yoga practice, meditation, mindfulness, self-inquiry and seva? Add your voice to an inspiring community of people making a difference in the world!
Contact us with any questions or: